Saturday, December 30, 2006

OEM Sirius Receiver installed!



I thought I would share this picture of an OEM MINI / BMW Sirius receiver. Note from the picture my receiver is installed on the drivers rear side as I plan to add the OEM Digital Powered Sound Module to my car. The Sirius unit has to go on the drivers side in that installation to allow space for the DPSM amplifier to be installed on the passenger side. Normally you would just add this unit to the passenger side and plug into the two plugs that are shown earlier in my web log for the changer controls. I used a factory "HK" cable which is really just a male/female extension cord to allow installation in the drivers side. Note this is the cable coming from the right side and plugged into the top of the receiver. I also had to add a slave cable to the Sirius unit to allow plugs for my DICE Ipod adaptor which is installed on the pass-through input on the Sirius receiver. You can see this cable plugged in on the top of the left side and the cables are coming down the left of the receiver and forward behind the trim panel all the way to the front of the car where my Ipod is located. My install is now complete and my DICE and Sirius are working great. Next step is the DPSM! That installation should be a real aventure as the installation manual is over 50 pages and requires a minimum of five hours. Ouch.

No comments: