Saturday, December 2, 2006

My first look at a MINI during the USGP in Indy.


I am a huge Formula One fan for decades now and I took this picture at one of the the first USGPs in Indy. This was September 2001? They all run together. I have been to every United States Grand Prix up there and now my wife will not let me miss a single race. It is just too much fun. http://www.usgpindy.com/
This was the first MINI I had seen in person. They were not for sale and everyone was going crazy over this car. As I recall there were two of them in town for the race and both were mounted on rails on these special Ford Excursions right on the steet in front of the race track. Very cool. I sort of had a feeling at the time that I would own one of these cars one day.
Notice the writing on the side glass "Take Me for a Spin Schuey" For the non-F1 fan this is a reference to my all-time favorite F1 Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher who just retired this year. Yes I know this is a BMW and I am sorry but I have been a formula one Ferrari tifosi for decades.

No comments: