Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna


Here is the new style "ugly" MINI satellite radio antenna. I had an older style MINI OEM / factory antenna base which included the sat antenna that I wanted to use. After getting into the installation the installer found that the plugs inside the OEM alarm motion sensor box in the roof no longer match the new 2006 model I have. This unit was only designed for ealier year models. I wished they would have matched up as I prefer to just have one antenna! I am sure we could have worked up some conversion plugs over time but at this point I just gave in and moved on. By now I would expect all automotive companies to add the satellite antennas to cars as an inital design feature. First of all it is detracting from the overall look of the car and the prices to add these options is through the roof. Oh well I have to have my http://www.sirius.com/ Sirius Satellite radio...can't live without it. Oh yeah, thanks to the service department at Flow MINI in Winston-Salem for their help with this installation. Top shelf all the way!

No comments: