Tuesday, May 8, 2007

MOTD Lightspeed Titanium Beer Opener Story....


OK here is a picture of my new titanium lightspeed bike frame beer opener. It is very cool and the story is quite funny...to me at least. I am standing in the parking lot of the Fontana Garden units and looking at my cooler Thursday afternoon. I realize that I want one of the cold New Castle beers in my cooler. It hits me...I didn't bring my opener! OMG...I always bring a corkscrew opener with me on trips...I missed this time! So I walk over to the adjacent unit and stike up a conversation with a guy who may have an opener as I think about what a loser I am for forgetting a vital piece of equipment like this! The guy has a small Swiss army knife but alas, no opener. Suddenly the door of the next unit opens and a guy comes out towards his MINI in the spot in the front of the door. I am grasping for straws as the sweat is dripping from my bottle in my right hand at this point. My throat is feeling dusty and I need to forget the miles I just put on my four tires for the day. I ask "Hey how are ya...do you have a beer opener?" He says "You are kidding right?" (In this German accent which I notice right away) I say "NO!" I am thirsty! He laughs and pulls this belt out that looks like an ammo belt for an AK-47 or something. It is full of openers. I laugh and say...it must be fate that brought us together. I notice the lightspeed sticker on the back glass of his MINI and the plate reads MOSKITO. We shake hands, I get my opener and hand him some cash as he tells me that these openers are made from recycled lightspeed bike frames! http://www.litespeed.com/ I say "Well cool I have one of those! " "I gotta have this opener!"
Check out the picture...it is engraved and the backside has a perfect beer opener. Everyone I showed it to was loving it. I know I do...want one? Just ask for my new pal Herbert. Here are his two web sites. http://spitzbube.blogspot.com/

No comments: