Thursday, September 18, 2008

Red Bull P1 in Monza.....



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza
\

It's been a bit slow on the MINI adventures lately. Sorry I have been VERY busy with all my interests! I never stop. I only slow for corners to hit the proper apex in life.

Ok it is no secret I am a Ferrari Formula One fan. Always have been, always will be. I watch every practice, qualifying, race, you name it...and I have the tape and dvds to prove it..9 USGPs to date attended and here is hoping for a return for F1 to the US in 2010...oh yeah..sorry I have a Nick Heidfeld hat to wear at BMW events as he is my next favorite. If I had not been a Ferrari fan since I flew my red flag in Phoenix in 1989 I would be a BMW fan.

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/nickheidfeld/en/home.php

Back to the title of this post....I was... naturally visualizing a Ferrari 1/2 finish at the Italian Grand Prix!
What I got was a Ferrari P1 finish alright, except it was the Red Bull chassis with a Ferrari engine! Well. My numero uno sports drink I buy by the case and drink once a day whether I need it or not...they win! Formerly known as the Minardi team they have NEVER won a race. Well it rained, Sebastian Vettel leads from the pole and beat everything on the track! Well I would have bet BIG money against that outcome.

At any rate...I have to say Congratulations to the Red Bull team. You earned it. A historic finish and well done. Cheers Dietrich Mateschitz! (That's him in the middle of the picture)

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/05/08/formulaone.future/index.html#cnnSTCText

No comments: