Saturday, February 2, 2008

A detour....


We continued our ride through a bunch of twisty roads and through a mountain pass. We tried to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a short stint but the road was closed due to snow. So we changed the planned route and had to detour. Our leader was using google maps on his Iphone. I asked him on our radio frequency if he was lost. He said trust me and I did. The next thing I know we are on a frozen dirt road! OMG. There were all kinds of people making comments on the radio like..."if I had known we were going four wheeling I would have brought my WRX!!" "Don't look now, he has a gun." "I swear I hear banjo music." As I crossed a bridge of hand-hewn trees I prayed the weight of my car would not break it. Rifle Range Road...what a story.


Now our trip has become the Ned Beatty Classic" adventure canoe trip / world rally championship training run...

No comments: